My first day in DC went terrific. I had a lot of fun. I began by jogging in the morning around my neighborhood at 37 street in the NW side of DC. I explored where things such as shops, cafes, bus stops, and parks are located , and then I picked up a free newspaper on my way back. I returned to my new home, got ready and went to CSIS my summer internship place at K Street to check in. After, I was done there, I called a friend, who then came out and met with me for a quick coffee break around the block from K Street. Upon fininshing my cup of tea, I left and walked around my new workplace just for exploring. After a few minutes walk, I found myself in front of the White House, which is very close to where I will be working. I walked by it, gazed at the protesters infront of it, looked at the statues in the park across from it, and then sat down on the bench to have a quick snacks.
When I had rested for enough time, I got up and tried to find my way back to the bus stop so as to return to my home, and then I took a bus to my home. The bus took about 20 minutes and dropped me close by my place. At home, I met with my new roomates, one a guy and the other a landlord (female). I chatted with them for a while, and got to know them. I really like my new roommates. They are very social and hospitable. I had a good talk with my landlord, then I went up to my room on the second floor---it over looks into a beautiful back yard, that has trees with some flowers opening up and an outside patio for dinning and sitting outside. Then I took a quick nap, and read the news for a while. After the nap, I descended to the first floor for chatting with my roommates. After having talked for almost 2 hours, I went up to room--read the news again, then prepared myself for the upcoming EU and U.S conference that I am going to help organize in Jacksonville, Florida, and then after that I went to bed. I am really thrilled to be in the city, and I am looking forward to getting started on my internship next Monday after I return from my conference in Florida.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a good day H! Make sure and take some pictures!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good place to be! Love you, Brother! I wish I was going to see you this comming week but I understand that duty calls. We will all miss you, but no one more than your sisters! love ~ rosie
ReplyDelete