Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Week of Work!

My first week at work was terrific. I had a lot of fun, and I learned so much in the few days that I have been with the CSIS. It is a great place to intern. On the first day, the Center hosted a big event on cyber-security as a defense priority in the U.S. and the deputy secretary of defense William J. Lynn, III was the speaker. It was a very informative event, the highlight of my first week. I helped to organize the event, so as my first task, I think it went really well, and I absolutely loved the experience. The rest of the days of the week were filled with training, going to events, and keeping up with Outlook messages. Next week I will be doing media monitoring, and we have another big event that the center is putting together, which I will be staffing. The Center hosts a lot of events with famous and very important domestic and international leaders. It is a privilege for me to have the opportunity to listen to them and be part of this experience. I promise you with more details concerning the nature of my job as I make progress throughout this summer. So, I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment