My fourth week went really well. I worked mostly on media monitoring and note taking at two events (one on Climate Change, and another on Global Health). I also took photos to be put on the CSIS website. I would say that the highlight of the week was staffing at Admiral Michael Mullen’s event that we hosted at the center. Admiral Mullen, the speaker, is the chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff. He spoke briefly about the Middle East and then took questions. The room was packed, including many members of the media. Additionally, I worked with congressional lists, putting them into a spreadsheet for the purpose of future events at the Center. This gave me some extra skill on how to work with excel. After I finished the congressional list project, my supervisor at the center assigned me to another project, which has to do with editing the multimedia audio. This assignment was to edit the audio and write captions for the CSIS website.
Overall, I would say that my knowledge was most expanded by the climate change event, at which the panelists spoke passionately about the bill that recently passed through the House of the Representatives and is making its way through the senate. They spoke in depth about Obama’s stance on this bill and his what his position will be when he goes to Copenhagen. On the other hand, at the global health event, which was the last event before the weekend, the speaker highlighted the fact that university campuses are becoming more interested in global health. He added that global health as policy must be supported because it would help boost global security.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a good week! I'm curious - what will Obama's position likely be in Copenhagen, according to the people that spoke at that event? Did you learn more about his position on climate change?
ReplyDelete